Our next featured guest for this spot is the newest MAL to join the EC Bard. Bard has written several pieces for the NewsLeather before mostly sharing with us highlights from Leather Perspectives over the past 2 years. He has now taken the time to answer our 10 questions so we can get to know him a little better
1. What first brought you to NLA?
I was observing people at the local dungeon and there were some that supported each other and held themselves to a certain standard. When I inquired further I discovered Leather had many of the same values that I followed; it seemed a natural fit.
2. What is it about NLA that makes it feel like home to you?
I like that there are people who believe in setting a standard and discovering that my kinks are shared by others.
3. If pressed, I’d identify myself as…
4. Define what “Leather” is to you?
Leather is something that is a choice and a direction you choose for yourself. Before I discovered Leather, I was trying to live my life according to the Code of Bushido. For some time I studied Kendo and Iaido and these created a love and respect for Bushido. I found that Leather carried many of the same tenants as Bushido and so it appeared that I had been living my life as close to Leather as possible.
5. What are your top 3 Leather/kink passions?
6. What are your top 3 Vanilla Passions?
Pizza, Education, and RPG’s. As I said above, Nerd.
8. What is your most memorable Leather moment?
Volunteering for the Beyond Vanilla 25 committee. This is has been a huge experience and I cannot wait till the day of the event!
9. What do you feel NLA is doing well?
10. What changes would you like to see in NLA?