This month we turn the spotlight on our Communions Director and your NewsLeather editor Mclanahan. Mclanahan has been a member of NLA Dallas for the last 3 years and a member of the EC for the last 2 of those years. He as been a part of the Dallas Kink Community since 2007
1. What first brought you to NLA?
Friends invited me to a meeting a few months after finding the kinky community here in Dallas
2. What is it about NLA that makes it feel like home to you?
The people and sense of community.
3. If pressed, I’d identify myself as…
A very special snowflake.
4. Define what “Leather” is to you?
The togetherness of the community, Community Service, traditions, Honor.
5. What are your top 3 Leather/kink passions?
Rope, Community Service & Education, Fire Play
6. What are your top 3 Vanilla passions?
Being a Geek, Electronics and Gadgets, My family
7. What was your first experience with Leather?
Watching someone being gifted with Leather at a munch
8. What is your most memorable Leather moment?
Talking with presenters from Beyond Vanilla who I was shuttling to the airport and hearing them praise the work of everyone involved with producing the event.
9. What do you feel NLA is doing well?
Minimizing the in fighting of the past and mentoring new people into leadership roles
10. What changes would you like to see in NLA?
Getting more involved with the broader community and seeing more of the general membership actively participate in club events.