1. What first brought you to NLA?
· I was looking to explore leather and stumbled into Shades of Grey. At the front of the store was a stack of yellow sheets of paper that listed all the years workshop topics and advanced workshops for NLA and it piqued my interest. I asked the owner, Johnny Grey, and he said I should go so I did. It’s been my home club since. That was November 1998.
2. What is it about NLA that makes it feel like home to you?
· It’s the first place I walked in to on my journey so it will always be home. It has changed SIGNIFICANTLY since those first days but it’s still home.
3. If pressed, I’d identify myself as…
· Me . . . Master, Top, Adventurer, Pup
4. Define what “Leather” is to you?
· You want a novel, don’t you? Leather is a state of spirit for me. It’s a piece of hide we wear but it’s a common thread that ties us together. Leather is a standard of behavior but it’s also about kinky raw sex. It’s something put on a high pedestal by some who want us to take ourselves too seriously.
5. What are your top 3 Leather/kink passions?
· Mastery. Community / Family. Play
6. What are your top 3 Vanilla passions?
· Family, Hiking, Cycling
7. What was your first experience with Leather?
· I didn’t know it was leather but it was a really hot scene where I was dominated. It made me want more. As I explored, I found I am dom but that’s how it started. My first leather community experience was walking into NLA
8. What is your most memorable Leather moment?
· When I was presented my cover
9. What do you feel NLA is doing well?
· I feel like NLA is struggling to find it’s identity but I don’t know that it needs more than what it is. It gives education and it a place for people to gather. Old friends come together to meet again and new people come to find their way.
10. What changes would you like to see in NLA?
· I would like to see more participation from the membership. Maybe a play party or two. I would like to see NLA much more active in community wide evens that involve other groups.