Do you have computer skills? Organizational skills? PR skills? Hospitality/service skills? Creativity? Are you looking for a way to put those skills to use while providing a valuable service to the community? Please consider applying to join us in the planning, organization, and execution of Beyond Vanilla 26!
What does volunteering for the BV26 Committee entail?
This is a significant time commitment that requires:
- Meeting once a month on the third Monday of the month from 7:00-9:00PM at the Dallas Eagle (February—September, 2016). We may have extra meetings in the weeks preceding the event.
- Your reliable and committed time and energy outside of committee meetings to the planning and promotion of Beyond Vanilla 26.
- Your time and energy to the behind-the-scenes execution of Beyond Vanilla 26 during the conference weekend, Oct 14-16, 2016.
General skills needed:
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Communication and listening skills.
- Easy access to and use of a computer and phone for communication outside of committee meetings.
- Teamwork and willingness to support other team members.
- A sense of fun and excitement for this event and its planning.
How do you apply to volunteer for the BV 26 Planning Committee?
- Email the Co-directors at email@example.com no later than January 19, 2016.
- Name the department(s) for which you’d like to volunteer. (For greater consideration, indicate more than one department). Please indicate the skills/talents you bring to the table for each of these departments.
Registration (computer skills, organizational skills, accounting skills)
Workshops (communication skills, PR skills, organizational skills, hospitality/service skills, creativity)
Marketing (computer—social networking skills, organizational skills, PR skills, communication
skills–written and oral, sales, creativity)
Play Party (physical strength, DM training, observational skills)
Vending (communication skills—written and oral, PR skills, organizational skills, hospitality/service skills, creativity, sales)
Security (observational skills, organizational skills, strategic planning, communication skills)
Silent Auction (communication skills, PR skills, transportation, time management skills, helps if you know leather care)
Volunteers (communication skills—written and oral, PR skills, hospitality/service skills, time management skills, organizational skills).
- After emailing your application to volunteer, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
- You will either receive notification that all positions on the committee have been filled and offering the opportunity to sign up to volunteer during the conference weekend, or you will be offered a position on the committee.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Be instrumental in setting the conference vision.
- Work with other dedicated and talented leaders in the community.
- Free access to the event, including the run pin, key note dinner, and play party.