Our Statement of Purpose
(The Statement of Purpose of National Leather Association International)
- To maintain our national/international communication, information, education and support network for all members of the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To role model the power and pride of all adults who engage in Safe, Sane and Consensual sexual expression and encourage those who fight for decriminalization of all sexual acts between consenting adults.
- To support individual and organized political activism, visibility and education in order to eradicate stereotypical beliefs, misconceptions and media misrepresentation about the Leather/BDSM/Fetish family in the community at large.
- To continue providing, through publications, educational material and conferences, a forum for the sharing of knowledge, viewpoints and practices of a diverse network of people.
- To promote the success and welfare of individuals, organizations, publications and businesses within our community; especially against threats to their freedom of expression, freedom of the press, rights to free association and right to equal protection under the law.
- To welcome women, people of color, transgender, the deaf, the physically challenged and others who have traditionally been discriminated against or poorly represented within the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To attend, promote and support fundraising for deserving defense funds, projects, and clubs, organizations, and/or charities, which have given direct service to the Leather/BDSM/Fetish community.
- To continue preserving a record of our history, traditions and culture.
Bylaws / Policies & Procedures
NLA DALLAS HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY ON DOMESTIC AND FAMILY VIOLENCE
Domestic violence takes many forms: physical violence, assault, isolation, outright or subtle psychological and emotional abuse, economic control, sexual assault and abuse as well as the destruction of personal property. NLA Dallas advocates relationships based on personal responsibility, honesty and integrity in which power and pleasure are derived from mutual respect. Everyone deserves a safe and healthy relationship.